Weary Wings

Friday, May 28, 2010

Less depressing than the last...

Ok, enough of all the heavy hearted creepy stuff, let's get on to Friday night. Around here that means good food and maybe some wine. I love to cook and it's even more fun when James joins in. I usually spend the week brainstorming about what concoction I can come up with for Friday night.

It often involves pizza. I make homemade pizza dough and love to try new things on it. A recent favorite is chicken bruschetta pizza. It's so amazing. I almost want to make it every Friday but that would grow old quickly. It's homemade dough, with chicken, fresh basil, fresh tomatoes, garlic, onion and lots of cheese. We found that putting lots of tomatoes on it also helps get around a pizza that is sometimes dry with no sauce. I also, generally drizzle a good amount of olive oil over the dough for flavor and to keep it moist.

Tonight we tried a new one. I saw Rachel Ray make a recipe for linguine with sausage, grape tomatoes and arugula. It looked delicious and I even wrote in down for the menu tonight til it occurred to me that most everything that tastes good with pasts, tastes even better on pizza.

I made some alterations. We went for spicy Italian sausage, grape tomatoes, spinach and lots of cheese. So far, the first one was good. Way better than decent. I did make some alterations, and, of course, add cheese, to the second version and am now waiting for it to come out of the oven. I did cook some onion with the sausage and sprinkled some chopped fresh garlic onto the HEAVILY oiled dough. All this with a bright Pino Noir and it's a perfect Friday evening.

I must remember to save a glass to drink on the porch. That is one of my favorite things to do. Drink wine on the porch.

Anyhow, here's to hoping everyone had a Friday meal as amazing as mine was. Love to you all.

Kim

"The wind is moving through the trees and ushering you, to better places found, feasting at Your table I am overwhelmed, and I lift my glass and drink to Love that never gave up..."- Robbie Seay Band

No comments:

Post a Comment