Weary Wings

Sunday, January 2, 2011

It's been a long time...

I promise when I started this blog I planned to blog way more than I have in the last few months. Time has gotten away from me and the next thing I know I have let 4 months go by without a single post. Seems unreal.

Anyhow, here's to what's new and, well, not so new...

I have continued working for the lawyer that I started with in June. I still really like my job but am hoping it turns into some more hours and maybe even more pay by the time Ephram heads into kindergarten.

I also wrecked our van. After months of lecturing my teenage son about how careful he needs to be in the van when he drove it, I wrecked it. Rear ended someone and really left nothing more than some scratches on their car but totally destroyed ours. It was a mess. Anyhow, we only had liability insurance on the car because it was paid for. Ultimately we ended up having to buy a new van, carnote and all. Trust me, our budget is not prepared for this and we are still trying to figure out how we are going to make this work.

We spent Christmas with DeAndre and his mama Darlene. It was nice to share our traditions with them and hope that they enjoyed their time with us. It was mostly quiet (after the chaos of the Christmas morning festivities) and we enjoyed some good food and some decent wine and genuinely enjoyed each others company.

Now for the New Year. I plan to finally loose some weight. I have never lost the weight I gained when I was pregnant with Ephram and have even gained more than that. I am pretty uncomfortable at my present weight and am looking forward to how it feels to be thinner. I officially started Weight Watchers a couple of weeks before Christmas and initially lost some weight. Well, as you can guess, with all the eating and drinking for our holiday festivities, I gained it back. But, now that the holidays are officially over, I am back on track and looking ahead to better, and thinner, days.

It's been a weird season for me. I always love the holidays. I have good memories of Thanksgiving and Christmas celebrations from my childhood. For the most part, they were special times set aside for family to be together. I try to duplicate those memories with my own kids. We have some traditions that we repeat every year. We always give pajamas on Christmas Eve, we go to look at lights before we go to bed on Christmas Eve and every year Santa leaves a treasure hunt for the kids to find their stockings. And, no matter how old they get, they always ask if Santa will be doing that again.

After Christmas we headed to San Antonio to visit my good friend Elissa. She and her family have become extended family to us and I love them with all my heart. It was sweet to extend out celebrations and hang out with them for a couple of days. I was glad to be there and, as usual, sad to leave. I am always better for the time I spend with them and with they lived closer. (Although I am glad they only live half a days' drive away).

That's about all for now. I hope you all were as blessed this season as we were and I wish you the very best for the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment